There is a lot of controversy regarding fat burning foods, food which are supposed to burn more calories while they’re being digested than the calories they themselves contain.
Of course, it would’ve been nice to be able to eat and still create a calorie deficit, but trying to base your entire diet on negative calorie foods as they’re called isn’t such a good idea. In fact, it can be unhealthy and WILL NOT result in any weight loss.
What you can do is incorporate these foods in your regular eating plan to gain a little edge. It won’t be that great of an edge, but it can still help a bit and every little bit counts when you’re trying to burn belly fat.
List of Fat Burning Food
- Grapefruit - Rich in pectin which breaks down fat cells. Also rich in galacturonic acid which is a natural cholesterol and fat fighter.
- Garlic - Garlic is one of the most effective fat burning foods.
It contains the element allicin which has anti bacterial effects and helps reduce cholesterol and unhealthy fats.
- Low Fat Dairy Products - A recent European study showed that eating more low fat dairy products causes the body to secrete more fat. It can add up to a few extra pounds of fat loss a year.
- Red chillies and foods containing chillies are considered to be foods that burn fat. Chillies contain capsaicin that helps in increasing the metabolism.
- Cheyenne pepper - This food also provides a short term metabolism boost
- Celery - This vegetable is considered a fat burning food as it is supposed to require more energy for digestion than the calories it contains.
- Apples - Apples contain a great deal of pectin. A study conducted which compared people who went on a diet but ate apples to a group on the same diet that did not have apples showed that the group which did eat apples lost considerably more weight.
- Cold water - A great trick is to drink your water cold. This forces the body to expand calories to heat the water you drank to body temperature, giving you a free of effort calorie burning boost.
Again, include these fat burning foods in your diet to get a little extra calorie burn rate, but don’t mistake these for any system you can use. If you really want toburn tummy fat you will need to workout right and eat in a sensible manner.
Again, I recommend the Truth About Abs for fast and impressive results.